5 benefits of positive thinking
By being a happy person, by focusing on the good rather than the bad, on the positive rather than the negative, on what we want rather than what we don’t want, we are able to transform ourselves, our lives and the lives of those around us.
Becoming a positive thinker isn't as simple as looking at a colorful "Keep Calm and Carry On" poster more often. It's easier said than done, it takes practice. Positive thinking is not to be confused with a belief that everything is OK or should be OK. It's about maintaining balance even when it isn't. Now for the good news: Once you equip yourself with the proper tools to transform negative thoughts into positive ones, you'll begin to notice a change, not only in yourself, but in other aspects of your life from relationships to even your physical appearance.
Here are 5 ways that positive thinking can change your life:
1. Boost self-confidence: We rarely stop to think how powerful our words are and the impact they can have on people’s lives. By beautifying our thoughts, by using kind words when we speak with ourselves and with others, by looking for opportunities instead of obstacles, by looking for the good in ourselves and others and by praising the good traits instead of the bad ones, we help boost our own self-esteem, self-confidence and also the self-confidence of those we interact with. By doing so, we help transform negative behaviors into positive ones and we go from being unhappy to being happy.
2. It creates a sound mind: Positive thinking absolutely affects your mental health. Depression and anxiety have been directly linked to negative thoughts, so it is definitely in your best interests to focus on the bright side. Repeating a mantra, an affirmation, or a choice over and over creates new pathways, which eventually become automatic. The new thoughts will run through your head like the old thoughts did, or like a popular song you've heard repeatedly. Automatic positive thoughts allow for a mental foundation that puts your mind at ease. This in turn makes you better equipped to make difficult decisions and helps you to stop second-guessing yourself.
3. Awakening: You help people awaken by telling them how much you believe in them and by showing them how much you care about their needs and desires. So many of us live most of our lives on auto pilot and by treating people differently and by praising vs. criticizing, you help awaken the giant within them. Once the soul awakens, the search begins and you can never go back. From then on, you are inflamed with a special longing that will never again let you linger in the lowlands of complacency and partial fulfillment.
4. No more stress: The main cause of stress is worry and negative thoughts. If we think about it further, we can understand that stress never solves problems, on the contrary, it can leave us helpless. Positive people overcome stress more easily. When you start to increase the quantity of good and positive thoughts, stress will gradually leave your life, until you won’t hear about it anymore.
5. You will notice the abundance of good things in your life: Sometime people live their life without knowing how blessed they really are, they take things for granted and forget to be thankful. When people live their live complaining and mourning about their destiny, without appreciating the things that they already have, then, they risk to lose even this. Appreciation and gratitude, on the contrary, can bring more of good things to be thankful for into their life. So, let’s be thankful and let’s count our blessings.