Landscape photography is now so much easier! Here you will find some tips that can guide you to innovate in this style of photo
Landscape photography is attractive to most lovers of this, as well as to the amateurs who have once tried to experiment with it. This classic of photography unfolds, in most cases, in panning shots, which surely seek to exalt the beauty of nature and its breadth. However, it is not necessary to be a high-end photographer to achieve this. If you are looking to innovate in this type of photo, the first thing you have to do is to sit and observe the world, the behavior of light, colors, composition or the distribution of objects within a background. Thus, you will be able to understand photography beyond the capture of a moment. Here you will find some tips that you have to take into account to achieve landscape photographs in a creative way:
Leer en español: 8 tips para lograr increíbles fotografías de paisaje
1. An object of interest. If what you are looking for is finding the difference, focus on an object or a point of interest, such as the sun. A close-up of this, together with a beautiful natural frame can become a good catch.
2. Forms. The forms are also part of the composition of a photograph. If you are traveling, for example, the roads are provided to play with the curves and with whatever you find or want it to be in the background.
3. Daylight vs. night light. It is also advisable to take the same picture at different times of the day, so you can see the difference between one shot and another, and find the one that, within your objectives, expresses what you want. Turn landscape photography into an excuse to discover different points of interest, beyond the contemplative.
4. Long exposures. This option is not presented by all types of cameras, but with the technology, we can find these options even on our cell phones. This technique consists of maintaining the shutter, an object of the camera that allows the passage of the light in fractions of seconds which opens and closes depending on time, open for more seconds.
With this option, we can find different details in the photo. For example, if the sky allows the stars to be visible, a photograph taken with a longer exposure time will reveal details in these small points of light.
5. Nature. If you are a lover of nature, as well as its diversity of flora and fauna, take advantage of the natural landscape and its species to compose a good photo. Giving life and feeling to those beings that are part of our environment can turn you into a photographer of height.
6. Blur. The first thing you should do is put your camera in manual mode, then you can play with the photo concentrating on the interest you want for your photograph.
7. Skies. The sky can become the protagonist of your photography, so it is recommended to observe and compose in such a way that plays an important role without overshadowing the image. A good option may be a sky composed of clouds of various shades, and a floor that contrasts and deepens it. The use of diagonals ensures a good shot.
8. Moments. Great pictures have been made at unexpected times, so we suggest you be very alert at all times. Remember that there are things that only happen at the moment and that if you are attentive to your environment you can capture at any time. Do not doubt that you will find the indicated.
These basic examples are for you to observe the possibilities of landscape, temperature, and approaches that can be given to the same subject. Observe the differences, as this can become a great inspiration for your next captures. Do not forget that playing with the elements and options of our camera is also a good alternative. Take a risk and try the details, include characters and, in some way, plan your photo as something that goes beyond the beautiful. Use feelings as a source of inspiration. These can be your first steps to becoming a great landscape photographer.
* These photographs were taken from the portfolio of UrsulaProd
LatinAmerican Post | Amaranta Ursula
Translated from "8 tips para lograr increíbles fotografías de paisaje"