Listen this article
We visited Javier Sánchez, creator of Lizard, and ride this electric car. Here we tell you how it was
In a neighborhood of the Northwest of Bogotá, Javier Sánchez develops an innovative and sustainable project. This is Lizard, the cheapest electric car in Latin America. LatinAmerican Post's team was at Sánchez's home and we got to know the Lizard Motors project. In addition, we rode in this car that left us amazed.
Leer en español: Nos montamos en el carro eléctrico más barato de Latinoamérica
Riding in the car was an incredible experience. Lizard does not produce noise, its chairs are comfortable, it moves quickly (the maximum speed it reaches is 60 km), and it goes through the capital's freeways without major problem.
For 3 years, Javier Sánchez, industrial designer, began to develop a vehicle that allows the majority of the population to move around the city and do so without polluting. While going to the university every day by bus, Sanchez realized that people usually use cars for only one person.
This type of vehicle usually occupies a lot of space and produces greenhouse gases that are not justified, especially if only one person is using the vehicle. With this idea in mind, Sánchez began the development of a functional electric car for the streets of Bogotá and with an affordable price for everyone. So that's how this car was born. It is important to know that the car is completely sustainable and within the reach of the majority.
Lizard is a car "two-seater cabined line, hybrid between a car and a motorcycle, electric, ecological, compact, light and safe".
We were very struck by the fact that the rudder of the car is like a motorbike and thanks to this the car does not have a gearbox. It has a good size and is an excellent option if you want to be eco friendly and have a compact car.
What makes Lizard special?
This vehicle has several advantages at an environmental level that will also benefit you if you decide to acquire one.
- It is charged in 3 hours: in addition to the little time you need to charge it, the cost to connect it in your home will be very economical. In Colombia, the 3 hours would have a value of $ 1200 COP ($0.39 dollars). In addition, you can connect it to a 110 outlet. It should be noted that charging Lizard in your home will not mean charging your house.
- You will be wondering how much energy the car loads and the response will amaze you. 1 hour of loading is equivalent to half of what a hair dryer consumes. According to Sanchez, a dryer consumes 1400 watts while the Lizard only consumes 700.
- The cart's shell is printed on corn starch and colored with natural pigments. The printer with which it is made, was designed and built by Javier Sánchez himself.
- It does not produce any kind of gases, so it does not pollute.
In addition to these environmental advantages, the car has other attractive benefits for buyers
- It does not pay tolls, because it goes through the same lane as motorcycles.
- If you are among the first 5 buyers, you can take the Lizard in $22 million pesos COP ($7066 dollars). Subsequently, the vehicle will have a price of $24 million COP ($7709 dollars). This sum is half of what the Twizy Renault costs, which on average costs 50 million pesos COP ($16000 dollars).
- In the lead, as well as in the back, Lizard has impact boxes that in case of an accident deform and do not penetrate. That is, it is safe in case of accidents.
If you dare to ask for one, the sale of the vehicles will be made under request. At the moment of ordering, 80% of the total amount is paid and the remaining 20% when it is delivered. On average, the delivery of Lizard takes 3 months, but once the business is consolidated the order would take between 2 weeks and a month.
LatinAmerican Post | Marcela Peñaloza
Translated from "Nos montamos en el carro eléctrico más barato de Latinoamérica"