Find here some mind blowing ways to improve your body’s condition and your overall health
Maybe you exercise to tone your body, flatten your belly, or lose weight. However, those aren’t the only great benefits that come with exercise. Find here some mind blowing ways in which moving your body boosts your overall health and life.
- Exercise improves mental health: According to a study published in the journal Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, breaking a sweat is associated with increased feelings of energy. Also, fewer feelings of fatigue, depression, and confusion after exercise were reported. Joining a walking club or a Zumba class is a great way to meet people and be sociable, which can do wonders for your wellbeing.
- Exercise improves learning: According to Health U.S. News, exercising improves our capacity to learn by enhancing our attention and concentration skills because it increases the level of brain chemicals called growth factors. These help make new brain cells and establish new connections between these cells to help us learn.
- Exercise builds self-esteem and improves body image: Observing fitness improvements, like running faster or lifting more weight than before can improve your self-esteem and body image without radically changing your body shape.
- Exercise reduces your chance of diabetes: According to Bupa UK, exercising regularly helps you maintain a healthy weight. Thus, it reduces your risk of becoming overweight or obese, which can lead to type 2 diabetes. Also, physical activity can help keep your blood glucose levels within your target range, control your body’s sensitivity to insulin, and lower your blood pressure.
- Exercise helps fertility: Harvard researchers found that women who worked out had lower rates overall of infertility, higher rates of implantation, and lower rates of miscarriage. Furthermore, men had a higher concentration of sperm in their semen and that the sperm was of better than average quality.
- Exercise helps manage chronic pain: When you are living with chronic pain, getting out of bed is hard enough. However, according to WebMD, with chronic pain, your pain threshold drops. This means that it takes less pain to make you feel more uncomfortable. With cardiovascular, strengthening, and flexibility exercise you can improve that pain threshold.
- Exercise makes you be younger: Research has found that exercisers truly are younger, on a cellular level, than their same-aged peers. A study published in PLOS, showed that endurance athletes have longer telomeres, which are potential markers of mitotic cellular age and are associated with physical aging process.
- Exercise wipes out allergies: Researchers in Thailand reported that running for 30 minutes can reduce sneezing, itching, congestion, and runny nose by up to 90 percent.
- Exercise help to keep cool under pressure: Stress is inevitable, but how you react to it is totally up to you. According to various research, working out regularly is the secret to maintaining a Buddha level head. When you exercise, you are basically pumping feel-good neurotransmitters known as endorphins throughout your body.
Latin American Post | Luisa Fernanda Báez
Copy edited by Marcela Peñaloza