Terms and Conditions of Portal Use
These terms and conditions of use for the portal www.latinamericanpost.com (hereinafter, the “Portal”) govern the use that you, as a Visitor, may make of the content published on the Portal, as well as the conduct you may engage in during your visit and use of the Portal.
By merely visiting the Portal, you accept these terms and conditions and consent to be bound by them.
You are responsible for the use you make of the Portal.
It is your responsibility to review and comply with these Terms and Conditions of Use periodically.
Access to the Portal by Visitors is free and available to individuals over the age of majority. If you are a minor, you must obtain the prior consent of your parents, guardians, or legal representatives, who will be responsible for your actions in contravention of these terms and conditions of Portal use. It is understood that minors accessing and using the Portal have obtained this consent.
Access to the Portal allows you to access all the information published by Editorial Global de Publicaciones S.A. (hereinafter, the “Content”) and (hereinafter, “GLOBSA”) respectively.
By accessing our content as a subscriber, you also agree to these Access and Use Conditions, which apply to subscriber users.
Conditions of Use of Public Content
The Content (which includes or may include texts, information, images, photographs, drawings, logos, designs, video, multimedia, software, applications, music, sounds, among others, as well as their selection and arrangement) is the exclusive property of GLOBSA in its patrimonial dimension concerning copyright, or its advertisers, or third parties who have granted a license to GLOBSA, with all rights reserved.
As such, this Content is protected by the laws and international treaties in force regarding Intellectual Property.
GLOBSA grants you a license to view the Content on the Portal and to create a cache copy on your computer for this purpose only. This document may be printed and stored by you.
Apart from the above, GLOBSA does not grant Visitors any license to download, reproduce, copy, frame, compile, upload, or republish on any Internet, Intranet, or Extranet site, adapt, modify, transmit, sell, or communicate to the public, in whole or in part, the Content. Any of these activities requires the prior, express, and written authorization of GLOBSA, under penalty of violating industrial and intellectual property rights and being subject to civil and criminal consequences for such actions, as well as the right of GLOBSA to revoke the license granted here.
Unless expressly stated otherwise in this Agreement, nothing in these Terms and Conditions of Portal Use should be construed as granting a license to intellectual property rights, either by legal impediment, implicitly, or in any other way. This license may be revoked at any time and without notice, with or without cause.
You agree to make appropriate use of the Content. In an illustrative but not limiting manner, you agree not to:
- Use the Content to engage and/or incite third parties to engage in illegal or unlawful activities or activities contrary to good faith and public order, or to disseminate content or propaganda of a racist, xenophobic, pornographic-illegal, terrorism-apologetic, or human rights-violating nature;
- Use automated scripts to collect information published on the Portal or through the Portal or to interact in any other way with them; cause damage to the physical and logical systems of GLOBSA, its providers, or third parties, introduce or disseminate computer viruses, trojans, malicious code, or any other physical or logical systems that are capable of causing damage to and/or are designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment, or to harm, disable, overload, or harm the Portal in any way; and attempt to access, collect, or store the personal data of other Visitors and/or Users of the Portal and, where applicable, use the email accounts of other Visitors and/or Users and modify or manipulate their messages.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the user’s computer/smartphone/tablet when accessing certain web pages.
Purposes of cookies
- Determine your browsing preferences
- For promotional, commercial, and advertising purposes
- For statistical purposes, among other purposes.
Acceptance of cookie use
Procedure for Notifying Violative Content
GLOBSA respects and promotes the protection of the intellectual property rights of third parties. However, on occasions, GLOBSA may inadvertently and without malicious intent publish content whose rights belong to third parties. For this reason, GLOBSA has established the following procedure for notifying content that violates the rights of third parties.
If you find content on the Portal that you consider violative of your rights, please send a written communication to our Designated Agent:
Please include the following information in the communication:
- The page or URL where the allegedly violative content appears.
- A clear and detailed description of the allegedly violative content. If there are several works on the page or URL, this description must be sufficient to identify which of them is violating your rights.
- An explanation of how the mentioned content infringes on your rights. If you have documents demonstrating the ownership of your rights, please attach a copy.
- A statement under oath that the information sent in your communication is correct.
- Your contact details, such as name, identification, written and electronic correspondence address, phone, cell phone, etc.
Please note that if the information sent in your communication is incorrect, GLOBSA assumes no responsibility for the consequences of its withdrawal. Consequently, you must be aware that by sending your communication, you assume the damages and harm that may cause to third parties in good faith.
GLOBSA will review the case, and if it finds merit in your complaint, it will proceed to remove the material. If the information has been published by a cyberjournalist or is contained in a prominent blog, or in any other mechanism that allows Users or Visitors to publish information on the Portal as publicly accessible Content, GLOBSA will forward the complaint to the Cyberjournalist, Visitor, or User who published the allegedly violative content, who will have a period of fifteen (15) calendar days to respond to the complaint. To do this, the Cyberjournalist, Visitor, or User must send a communication to GLOBSA with the following information:
- An explanation of why the content was not violative of the alleged rights. If there are documents proving this, a copy should be attached.
- A statement under oath that the information sent in their communication is correct.
- Their contact details, such as name, identification, written and electronic correspondence address, phone, cell phone, etc.
After receiving the Visitor’s or User’s response, GLOBSA will analyze the case and decide whether to maintain the content block or publish it again.
Limitation of Liability
GLOBSA is not responsible for:
- Portal outages and service supply failures, being exempt from any damages caused due to the unavailability and/or interruption of the service caused by failures or unavailability of the telecommunications networks and services used to support the Portal, and beyond its control.
- Damages caused by computer viruses, trojans, malicious code, or any other physical or logical systems to Users’ systems.
- Typographical and/or typographic errors that appear in the Content.
- Advertising content that appears on the Portal, which is the responsibility of the respective advertiser. Any claims for infringement of industrial property and copyright must be directed directly to the Advertiser. Any promotion, including the delivery and payment for goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such transactions or promotions, are the exclusive relationship between the advertiser and the User, without the involvement of GLOBSA.
- Opinions published by Users through blogs and other services offered by GLOBSA to the public.
- The content of linked sites through hyperlinks on the Portal (the “Linked Sites”), including but not limited to, any link contained in the Linked Sites, any changes or updates to the Linked Sites, any type of transmission received or sent from or to Linked Sites, or the incorrect operation of Linked Sites. GLOBSA provides these Linked Sites for convenience only, and the inclusion of any of them does not imply approval by GLOBSA of any of these sites or any association with their operators.
Modification of Legal Terms
GLOBSA may modify these Terms and Conditions of Portal Use at any time and without prior notice, as soon as a new version is published on the Portal. GLOBSA will publish in any case the date on which the current version of the Terms and Conditions was published, for informational purposes of the Users.
These Legal Terms will be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Colombia.