Find here some ideas to be more comfortable and sleep better during pregnancy
It is possible that one of the greatest challenges as your pregnancy progresses is to find a comfortable position to sleep, either by increasing the pressure in the bladder, discomfort by weight, nausea, poor digestion or cramps. in the legs.
Leer en español: ¿Cómo puedo dormir cómoda durante el embarazo?
Therefore, here are some ideas for you to be more comfortable and you can fall asleep during this stage:
1. According to the American Pregnancy Association, the best position to sleep during pregnancy is to lie on the left side, as it will increase the amount of blood and nutrients that reach the placenta and the baby.
Likewise, you should avoid sleeping on your back as this can cause discomfort in the digestive system, breathing, back pain, hemorrhoids, low blood pressure and cause a decrease in circulation to your heart and your baby's.
2. According to the newspaper Ser Padres, lying down with your feet elevated relieves the swelling of your legs and feet. You can place some pillows under the cufflinks and prevent, in this way, other discomforts such as cramps, punctures in the legs and the appearance of varicose veins.
You can also use many pillows to support the back, sleep semi-sitting and reduce the feelings of choking, heartburn, nasal congestion or palpitations.
3. Create a bedtime schedule and try to go to bed and get up at the same time every day. It also establishes a relaxation routine that you can follow every night about 20 or 20 minutes before going to bed, like reading a book or taking a bath.
You may also be interested: 7 cares you should have after natural childbirth
4. According to Somos Mamas, it is also important to avoid heavy meals before sleeping. For example, tomatoes or spicy foods can induce indigestion and acidity. Opt for something lighter, such as crackers, or early dinner so this does not interfere with your sleep schedule.
5. Do physical activity during the day. 30 minutes of walking or a little more, will help you to feel tired and to overcome the vigil. Try to do it early in the day so your body has time to relax. Also, rest every time you have to do it: a 30 to 60-minute nap during pregnancy will help you feel more active and improve the feeling of fatigue.
6. Reduce the consumption of liquids before going to sleep so you do not have to get up constantly to the bathroom. Also, avoid during this period the consumption of stimulants such as tea, caffeine, soda, and chocolate, especially before going to bed.
7. If none of the above tips work, get up, occupy your mind in a fun activity until you can fall asleep and drink a glass of warm milk with honey to relax.
LatinAmerican Post | Luisa Fernanda Báez
Translated from "¿Cómo puedo dormir cómoda durante el embarazo?"
Listen this article