Listen this article
Tea infusions are very healthy and delicious. Here we will tell you about the benefits of green tea, black and red tea for your health
There is an infinite number of types of teas. There are fruit trees, combined with other infusions and even made with flowers that, usually, we use as an ornament or to scent a place. Practically they can be done with any plant and, all of them, have properties that are beneficial for your health.
Leer en español: ¿Te gusta el té? Después de leer esto querrás beberlo todo el tiempo
In this opportunity, we are going to tell you what are the benefits of green tea, red tea and black tea, this type of teas are currently the most consumed around the world.
Green tea: properties and benefits
According to the Tua Saude website, green tea has a lot of benefits for your health. It has antioxidants, polyphenols, caffeine, and catechins. All these components bring many more benefits than you think because they help you to accelerate the metabolism which results in a progressive loss of weight.
In addition to weight loss, green tea has other benefits that are also very important for good health:
- It delays the aging of cells thanks to its antioxidants that protect cells from free radicals.
- Lowers bad cholesterol and increases the good one.
- It prevents the appearance of different heart diseases such as heart attacks or strokes (CVA).
- Prevents cancer, because it prevents diseased cells from spreading.
- It prevents the appearance of typical winter diseases such as flu and colds.
- Regulates blood glucose levels preventing the onset of diabetes.
You may also be interested: 5 apps to take care of your health this 2019
If you didn’t know, according to Saber Vivir TV, black tea is green tea that has been fermented. This process causes the tea leave’s cells oxidize, which causes the polyphenols (the antioxidants typical of green tea) to be lost. However, other similar substances called theaflavins are produced.
These components are also antioxidants and, like green tea, offer protection against cancer, lower blood sugar levels by preventing the onset of diabetes and keep our hearts healthy.
Attention: since black tea contains a large amount of caffeine, it is better not to drink more than three cups a day, especially if you have trouble sleeping; you suffer from stress or from anxiety.
Red tea: a single cup can change your day
According to Innatia, red tea has many benefits for your health. One of the best known is the possibility of losing weight.
- It has polyphenols and antioxidants that make it an excellent beverage to maintain good health.
- It is a diuretic which is very convenient when it comes to fluid retention.
- It is digestive to relieve the discomfort of very heavy meals
- Regulates cholesterol by raising the good and lowering the numbers of the bad. In this way, you can avoid some diseases such as cardiovascular problems and also stroke.
The infusions, no matter what their color, are very healthy. You can take them both cold and hot and combine them with fruits and aromatic herbs.
LatinAmerican Post | Marcela Antonacci
Translated from: '¿Te gusta el té? Después de leer esto querrás beberlo todo el tiempo'