This is the most valued teams and players competing in South American soccer.
These are some of the market values of the different teams that play the Copa Libertadores. / Photo: Wikimedia-Hazaña17
Latin American Post | Thomas Handley
Escucha este artículo
Leer en español: Así cierra el 2020 los mercados de la CONMEBOL
With the Copa Libertadores de América at stake, we investigated about the market values of the different teams that are competing for the trophy. Using the assessment provided by Transfermarkt, with estimates that take into account different aspects of the environment and present of each player, different reports related to the teams that participate in the South American Football Confederation (CONMEBOL) .
The most valued players in South America :
- Gabriel Verón (Bra). The 18-year-old right winger plays for Palmeiras in Brazil . His current value is 25 million euros, which positions him as a great promise for both: his club and his national team.
- Gabriel Barbosa (Bra). The Flamengo center forward has an estimated valuation of 20 million euros. Also a Brazilian national, the striker known as “Gabigol” has brought great joys to his team.
- Matheus Henrique (Bra). In third place we find ourselves again with Brazilian. The 22-year-old Gremio midfielder is valued at € 20 million.
- Giorgian de Arrascaeta (Uru). The attacking midfielder defends the Flamengo shirt. At 26 years old, his value is 15 million euros.
- Gerson (Bra) Also a Flamengo player, this 23-year-old midfielder is valued at 14 million euros.
The five best-rated teams in CONMEBOL
As we can see in this list, the Brazilian team Clube de Regatas do Flamengo contributes three out of the five most valued players in the competition. This is not surprising, they are the current champions of the Libertadores, the club has greatly strengthened to retain his title. It's 30 players total have an estimated 123M euros, positioning it as the most valued team in South America. His most valued player is Gabriel Barbosa.
Second, we find Club Atlético River Plate (Arg). It achieved the second place in the last edition, in addition to his titles in recent years, give his 31 players an estimated of 106M euros. The member with the highest valuation is Nicolás De La Cruz (12M).
In third place, and with an estimated valuation of 97M euros, is the Sociedade Esportiva Palmeiras (Bra). With 29 players in their squad, the Brazilian team has managed to hold the position through reinforcements and good performances. Gabriel Verón occupies the first position of the team.
Outside the podium is the Club Atlético Boca Juniors (Arg). Its 33 players on the squad total an estimated 84M euros. With good recent performances, reaching decisive moments in the Copa Libertadores de América, and adding local titles, its players maintain a good valuation in the market. The most valued, Agustín Almendra (11M).
The fifth place in this ranking is held by Grêmio Foot-Ball Porto Alegrense (Bra). The 36 players on his squad total an estimated 82M euros. Their participation at the local level and qualification for the second round of recent continental competitions have contributed to that number. The one with the highest valuation, Matheus Henrique.
What is the 11th most expensive in CONMEBOL?
The 11th highest rated in the South American Football Confederation, in a 4-2-3-1 line-up would be:
Esteban Andrada (Boca Juniors) - 8M
Piton (Corinthians) - 6M; Pereira (Flamengo) - 5M; Rodrigo Caio (Flamengo) - 5.5M; Montiel (River Plate) - 8M.
Matheus Henrique (Guild) - 20M; Gerson (Flamengo) - 14M; Giorgian de Arrascaeta (Flamengo) - 15M.
Pepê (Guild) - 9M; Gabriel Verón (Palmeiras) - 25M; Gabriel Barbosa (Flamengo) - 20M.