The president does not need a psychiatrist. No one should doubt his mental health, because he is aware of what he does
Debate: that generates the announcements of the current president of the United States, Donald Trump, both within the country and around the planet. Even the president had unleashed controversy before taking office in January 2017. The opinions and decisions of Trump are so controversial that last year a group of psychiatrists questioned his mental health.
Leer en español: ¿Está Donald Trump realmente loco?
It is true that the measures announced and implemented by Trump merit debate, but do not obey the good or poor mental health of the president. To better understand these controversial proposals, it is better to review who his closest people are, who speak to his ear, and what economic or political interests obey. The Ministerial Cabinet, which is composed of 24 main positions of the executive branch, are those advisors that Trump listens to the most and therefore the ones who most welcome it.
Analyzing that 24-person cabinet takes time, but you only have to look at the most important portfolios. In this article, we will briefly describe 10 officials to show how Trump's actions are forged.
- International relations are always essential for the United States, so we must begin the analysis with the former Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson, a great defender of free trade who, before coming to the Government, served as CEO of the multinational Exxon Mobil Corporation from 2006 to 2016. Tillerson left the Cabinet because of his differences with Trump regarding the nuclear agreement with Iran.
- His successor, Mike Pompeo, who was director of the Central Intelligence Agency -CIA-, is a Republican rooted in the Tea Party and loyal to the president, recalling that the Tea Party is the most conservative Republican sector.
- We cannot forget Scott Pruitt, current administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, who in his position has opposed to environmental regulations.
- Wilbur Ross, secretary of commerce, is a multimillionaire and banker expert in restructuring failed companies, hence, it is understandable his interest in this portfolio and in advising the president in that matter.
- Nikki Haley, US Ambassador before the UN, comes from a multimillionaire business family and who since taking office has been faithful to the controversial positions of Trump.
- Alex Azar, secretary of health and human services, was president of Eli Lilly and Company. This is a global pharmaceutical company of the Biotechnology Innovation Organization, which is the largest trading company in the world that represents the biotechnology industry.
- The defense sector cannot stay behind. James Mattis, at the head of the Department of Defense, was commander of the US Central Command and commander of the first division of Marines during the invasion of Iraq and commander of Task Force 58 in the war in Afghanistan.
- Additionally, on the one hand, Ryan Zink , secretary of the interior, former military and in favor of the use of ground troops in the Middle East.
- On the other hand, there is John Kelly, chief of staff, who is a General of the Marine Corps and a former commander of the Southern Command of the United States. UU
- One figure that cannot be forgotten is the vice president, Mike Pence, who, like more than half of the Cabinet, belongs to the Republican Party. Pence has been a strong critic of the international policy executed by former President Barack Obama. Pence has been faithful to Trump and to the decisions he has made both internally and internationally.
As is evident, the Trump Cabinet is composed of former directors of oil multinationals, world-class bankers, billionaires, military members, and Republican politicians. This last point is important since this party has an ultraconservative wing that has been growing since January 2016 with the arrival of the current president.
The discussions that provoke his pronouncements arise because they are against all common sense and against the welfare of millions of people around the world. Although it is said these policies benefit the bulk of the population, only really 1% is benefited. For example, the tax reform benefits very few and that it provoked great debate.
It is not that Donald Trump is crazy, he does not need a psychiatrist. No one should doubt their mental health, because he is aware of what he is doing. In addition, it is a fact that an insane person does not become president of the greatest power nation that humanity has had. On the contrary, his decisions are supported by people living in a bubble that they want to shield from any interference.
Latin American Post | Jose David Rodriguez Fajardo
Translated from "¿Está Donald Trump realmente loco?"