Although the prestigious brand never has the exact players who get called to the world cup, in this edition the amount of mistaken players is the highest in history
The official album of the World Cups, which is made by the Italian company Panini, includes up to 92 players for Russia 2018, of the 576 that appear in its publication, who will not participate in the World Cup. These players left the call of their respective selections for injury or technical decision, making him commit forced errors to the prestigious brand.
How will Panini solve the unforeseen?
Panini, company responsible for making the official album of the World Cups from Mexico 1970, enabled an update of the present album. The update consists of 92 new figures with players who will be at the 2018 World Cup in Russia, replacing those who will not attend the World Cup. The sale of these updated stickers will start on June 25 in Europe, but it is expected that the update package will be extended to the entire world during the second half of the year.
The update was confirmed by Panini on his official Facebook page in Germany, giving the complete list of the replacement players. "The list for the update package is available. In total there are 92 new stickers with updated templates of national teams. As of 06.25. the update package will be available in stores! The 92 stickers will be available as a complete set and will not mix with the normal bags", Panini said in its statement.
Who are the most important players on the album who will not be in Russia?
- Aleksandr Kokorin and Viktor Vasin on the part of Russia
- Ahmed Hassan for Egypt
- Nicolás Lodeiro, Mathías Corujo, Álvaro González and Diego Rolán on the Uruguay side.
- Nani, André Gómes, Danilo Pereira and Eliseu from Portugal
- Álvaro Morata and Vitolo for Spain
- Jalal Hosseini for Iran
- Laurent Koscielny, Lucas Digne, Layvin Kurzawa, Adrien Rabiot, Alexandre Lacazzette and Anthony Martial from France
- Nikclas Bendtner by Denmark
- Sergio Romero, Ramiro Funes Mori, and Mauro Icardi from Argentina
- Ola Aina for Nigeria.
- Dani Alves and Giuliano from Brazil
- Michael Umaña from Costa Rica
- Matija Nástasic and Nikola Maksimovic for Serbia
- Leroy Sané, Emre Can and Mario Götze on the part of Germany
- Li Chungyong for South Korea
- Radja Nainggolan from Belgium
- Joe Hart, Ryan Bertrand, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Adam Lallana from England
- Giovanni Moreno, Teófilo Gutiérrez, Edwin Cardona, Frank Fabra, Yimmi Chará and Duván Zapata for Colombia
- Masato Morishige, Hiroshi Kiyotake, Yuya Kubo and Shusaku Nishikawa for Japan
- Krzysztof Maczynski by Poland
27 of the 32 selections will have corrections
The most relevant players that will be part of the update are:
- Denis Cheryshev of Russia
- Rodrigo Betancur, Diego Laxalt, Giorgian De Arrascaeta and Maximiliano Gómez from Uruguay
- Ricardo Pereira, Bruno Fernandes, Adrien Silva, Gonçalo Guedes for Portugal
- Rodrigo and Iago Aspas for Spain
- Adil Rami, Benjamin Mendy, Lucas Hernandez, Corentin Tolisso, Nabil Fekir and Florian Thauvin from France
- Kasper Dolberg from Denmark
- Wilfredo Caballero, Nicolás Tagliafico, Giovani Lo Celso, and Manuel Lanzini (confirmed in the update but will not be in the World Cup due to a serious knee injury that occurred on June 8, so Enzo Pérez, who was already in the first edition of the album) by Argentina
- Fagner and Taison on the part of Brazil
- Óscar Duarte for Costa Rica
- Ílkay Gündogan, Marco Reus, and Mario Gómez from Germany
- Thorgan Hazard by Belgium
- Jack Butland, Ashley Young, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, and Danny Welbeck for England.
- Mateus Uribe, Jefferson Lerma, Juan Fernando Quintero, Luis Muriel, and Miguel Borja (who will not leave exactly after the injury on June 9 of Frank Fabra and who forced the call of Farid Díaz) by Colombia
- Kosuke Nakamura and Ryota Oshima for Japan.
Panini's album for Russia 2018 has had more mistakes than in previous editions, because in Brazil 2014 had 72 new laminitas in the update, while the updated package of the album of South Africa 2010 had 71 new stickers. The dissatisfaction of collectors is huge, but the Italian company has moved chips to maintain the same quality that has been from Mexico 70. Is this an experience to modify some strategies towards Qatar 2022? We will find out in four years.
LatinAmerican Post | Javier Aldana
Copy edited by Laura Rocha Rueda