Here you will find a list of tips that will allow you to exploit these tools to the maximum when looking for a job
According to a study by the Job Nation Study, 48% of people use social networks to find a job. According to the latest "Talent Trends Report" prepared by Randstad Research, two out of ten companies recruit professionals using these platforms.
This report highlights that, when looking for a job through networks, the most important thing is to create a good digital identity shaped by the interests and tastes of each one, that is complete and sincere. However, there are other things that must be taken into account to exploit these tools to the fullest.
1. Adapt the profile. Randstad advises adapting the profiles to your interests within the labor market to position yourselve in searches and to reflect in the networks a broad knowledge and interest on your field of action.
2. Make networking. Try to build a network of contacts that help you create both business and employment opportunities. Try to follow the most relevant people in the area in which you intend to perform to learn the way they communicate and their agenda. In addition, as explained by the newspaper Expansión, you must contact the companies from their own profiles, because there the first offers are published.
3. Filter comments and take care of your image. If a suitable profile is not shown in the networks, says Randstad, an effect contrary to the expected could be achieved. The three most important and visible aspects in the social profiles are the photo, the description and the shared issues. It is necessary to maintain a mature, professional and serious image at all times; as well as avoiding off-key discussions through networks and maintaining a respectful attitude in any debate in which it is decided to participate.
4. Learn to differentiate. It is important to bear in mind that there are millions of similar profiles. That is why, when it comes to making use of networks to find a job, the main thing is to differentiate yourself from the rest by means of memorable stories and a striking design with visual formats.
5. Patience and perseverance. Finding the job that meets your expectations and needs is not a matter of a day and requires constant updates, plans and a lot of patience. Try to keep your profile up to date and constantly review the offers, but do not settle for anything less than what you need.
Finally, it is important to mention that there are some social networks that adapt better to these tips. LinkedIn, according to the newspaper RRHH Digital, is the favorite of companies that seek to attract talent. As of today, this platform has more than 500 million registered users and a total of 260 million active users per month throughout the world.
"LinkedIn is the most complete social network, both from the point of view of the candidate, who can access a multitude of offers, know the visualizations of his profile and connect with professionals and teams to which he would not have access through any other channel, such as for the recruiters themselves," said José Luis Gugel, managing partner at The Key Talent.
LatinAmerican Post | Luisa Fernanda Baéz
Translated from "No sufras más: Descubre cómo encontrar trabajo a través de las redes sociales"