Listen this article
The American College of Sports Medicine unveiled the main fitness trends that will dominate the world in 2019
Although there are not many changes with respect to the list for 2018, the order has been redefined to adapt more to the current reality of fitness, as reported by the College, which has been releasing the list for the last 13 years.
Leer en español: 7 tendencias fitness para el 2019
According to Infobae, the list was made based on the opinion of more than two thousand trainers and physical activity professionals from all over the planet. In fact, 2038 experts (some with more than 10 years of experience in the industry) were consulted from the United Kingdom, Russia, Japan, India, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Italy, Singapore, Taiwan and the United States, and other 30 countries.
1. Wearables or wearable technology: this technology appeared in the ranking for the first time in 2016 and includes exercise trackers, smartwatches, heart rate monitors and GPS tracking devices to measure the activity of people.
2. Group training: These classes are designed to help people achieve their physical fitness goals in a more fun way. Classes of cardio, indoor cycling, dance classes, and step classes are some of those that make up this category.
3. Training in high-intensity intervals (HIIT): this trend fell from number 1 to number 3, but will continue to set the pace to move next year. These are basically programs that involve brief bursts of high-intensity exercise sessions followed by a short rest period. Although some professionals warn that it is possible to increase injury rates with HIIT, this popular form of exercise seems not to want to leave.
You may also be interested: A good diet could prevent cognitive deterioration
4. Fitness programs for older adults: this trend is getting a strong return after falling to the number 9 in the previous list. Fitness clubs are expected to capitalize on this market and help these people stay healthy and active much longer.
5. Body weight training: this training usually uses a minimal equipment, which makes it an economical and functional way of exercising. The modality appeared for the first time in the trend survey in 2013 (in number 3) and was ranked # 2 for 2017 and # 4 for 2018.
6. Employing certified fitness professionals: every time it becomes more important to hire certified health or fitness professionals through fully accredited certification and educational programs, in order to guarantee the best experience for the client and avoid possible injuries.
7. Yoga: in all its modalities, including Power Yoga, Yogilates, hot yoga, and others, this trend will continue to mark the world of wellness next year, especially for its importance in mental health.
LatinAmerican Post | Luisa Fernanda Báez
Translated from "7 tendencias fitness para el 2019"