Argentine football is about to return. We tell you who are the teams that could win the title this season
LatinAmerican Post | Ariel Cipolla
This weekend football returns to Argentina. After a preseason where each team tried to perform at the best level, it is clear that there are several institutions that will try to surprise. However, the objectives of each club will be different according to each situation.
On the one hand, there will be those who will aim to avoid relegation. Others, on the other hand, will try to aspire to qualify for a cup. If you want to know who are the candidates to get it, here we tell you.
Boca Juniors has armed itself with everything to obtain the 2022 tournament. Although it will compete in the Libertadores, it will not neglect this cup. For this year they have made great additions, with the idea of becoming one of the serious candidates.
¿LOS REFUERZOS? TITULARES— TNT Sports Argentina (@TNTSportsAR) February 4, 2022
Figal (jugó de 4), Benedetto y Pol Fernández fueron desde el arranque en un amistoso ante Gimnasia
Fue empate 2-2 con goles de Vázquez (entró por el Pipa) y Salvio
For example, they have maintained the base of great professionals, such as Marcos Rojo, Eduardo Salvio, or Luis Vázquez. In turn, they brought great players, such as Darío Benedetto, Pol Fernández or Nicolás Figal. Similarly, Eduardo Salvio has recovered from his injury, which could make a difference this season.
River Plate will try to obtain the two-time championship from Marcelo Gallardo. During this season, not only has it maintained the structure that won the title last year, but it has also reinforced it with top players. For example, González Pírez and Mammana returned to the institution to reinforce the defense.
¿Hay refuerzos? ¡HAY REFUERZOS! pic.twitter.com/ORfMXk6bF8— La Página Millonaria (@RiverLPM) February 4, 2022
In turn, they brought Andrés Herrera and Elías Gómez to improve the bands. As for the midfield, Tomás Pochettino and Juan Quintero, one of the players most loved by the fans, will try to provide great quality. They even brought the promise, Esequiel Barco, from the MLS. All of this makes River another serious favorite.
Students of La Plata
Students of La Plata could put up a great fight throughout this new season. Those led by Ricardo Zielinski have consolidated a game idea in recent years, especially in the defensive zone, as they have become a team that is very difficult to beat.
However, one of the institution's idols has returned in this transfer market: Mauro Boselli, who will contribute a large goal share to the team. In turn, Emmanuel Mas will also improve the defensive sector, so that the Pinchas can once again raise a cup at the local level.
Defense and Justice
Directed by Sebastián Beccacece, in recent years they have generated a huge institutional project, betting on young people that other teams had discarded. All this allowed Defense and Justice to always be competing on an equal footing with the largest.
This year they could be candidates for this trophy. Not only did they maintain the base of recent years, but they have been reinforced with players like Agustín Fontana, from River Plate. Therefore, Defense and Justice could be one of the surprises of this year.
Who are the players to watch this season?
Do you want to know who may be the players that stand out the most this season? Next, we will talk about some young people who could transcend this year.
- Julián Álvarez (River Plate). The biggest star of Argentine soccer has been sold to Manchester City. He will arrive in June, but in the meantime, he will continue to demonstrate at River Plate why he is one of the great South American promises.
- Luis Vazquez (Boca Juniors). One of the best appearances up front in recent years for xeneize. Although he will have competition with Darío Benedetto, he will have opportunities to continue showing his enormous goal quota.
- Nicolás Fernández Mercau (San Lorenzo de Almagro). One of the figures of the Raven team. Steering the wheel from the left, he is one of the leaders of this institution, even at his young age of 22 years.
- Facundo Farías (Colón de Santa Fe). Another of the Argentine soccer stars. At 19 years old, he is one of the players with the best command of the ball and it is expected that, in the future, he will reach the Argentine National Team.
- Luca Orellano (Velez). Right-winger, at 21 years old, he manages to excite all the Vélez fans, due to his enormous level in recent months. It is expected that he fully consolidate in this tournament.
In short, the 2022 championship in Argentina will be very exciting.