These are the players with the highest transfer value at the moment
We tell you which are the players with the highest transfer values currently. / Photos: instagram.com/sanchooo10, instagram.com/k.mbappe, instagram.com/marcusrashford
LatinamericanPost | Juan Manuel Londoño
Listen to this article
Leer en español: Los 5 jugadores más caros de la actualidad
The CIES football observatory makes a bi-annual report on the transfer values of players in the big five leagues. This time, the list is headed by several promising young athletes. Let's see who they are.
1. Kylian Mbappé - € 259.2 million
The 21-year-old Paris Saint-German striker heads this list. At his young age, he already has several important titles under his wing, including four French Leagues and a World Cup. Additionally, he has been the best scorer in the French league for two consecutive years.
2. Raheem Sterling - € 194.7 million
The Manchester City striker is the "oldest" on this list with 25 years old. Four-time Premier League champion and FWA Footballer of the Year in 2019, Raheem is the second most expensive player in a top-five made up almost exclusively of Englishmen.
3. Jadon Sancho - 179.1 million euros
At just 20 years old, this Borussia Dortmund striker ranks third on this list. His titles include last year's German Super Cup, as well as the U-17 World Cup. So far this season, he has 17 goals and 17 assists in 28 games.
4. Trent Alexander-Arnold - € 171.1 million
At 21, this Liverpool defender was already champion of the Champions League, the FIFA Club World Cup, and the UEFA Super Cup.
5. Marcus Rashford- 152. 3 million euros
This Manchester United forward has been the winner of the EFL Cup, the FA Cup, and the Europa League. So far this season, before it was interrupted by the coronavirus, he had 14 goals and 5 assists in 22 games.
The other players that make up the top 10 are:
- Mohamed Salah, Liverpool striker with 144.9 million euros
- Sadio Mané, also Liverpool striker with 139.2 million euros
- Antoine Griezmann of Barcelona with 136.4 million euros
- Alphonso Davies of Bayern with 133.5 million euros
- Harry Kane of Tottenham with 118.7 million euros